HEALTH & SAFETY
Masks are no longer required.
Throughout the pandemic, we are proud to say that XBa remained a transmission-free zone and we were able to safely operate all classes and programs. It has been our policy since our inception that if a dancer is sick, they must stay home.
XBa's established Health & Safety Protocols were used by Fraser Health and WorkSafeBC to help other studios and fitness centres reopen back in May 2020, and continue to be the highest level of safety. Click the link for our pandemic story:
Last Updated: March 11, 2022
Important Policies & Procedures:
1. Dancers who come to the studio showing symptoms or signs of any illness will not be allowed inside and will be asked to leave. Teachers have the authority to refuse admittance to their class from any student that shows signs of illness.
2. Dancers will demonstrate personal discipline during classes and respect for teachers, classmates and studio property. Any rude or abusive behaviour towards other classmates, teachers or studio property will result in the dancer being removed from the studio.
3. XBa has an "Open Door Policy" where parents are allowed to pop-in and check on their dancer. Parents are not allowed to sit and watch an entire class as it is distracting to the dancers and teacher. Parents are not allowed to film classes unless they have explicit permission from the teacher and the other classmates.
3. Hand sanitizing solution is available at the teachers’ tech control centre and at the front door.
4. Dancers will be required to bring their own, full water bottles, as the water purifying system has been removed from the studio.
5. If the mats are being used in class, each dancer will be responsible for wiping down their mat. Disinfectant wipes and supplies will be provided.
6. The Marley floor is cleaned regularly with our bacteria-killing solution. Highly touched surfaces are disinfected between classes.
DO NOT ENTER THE STUDIO
if you / your dancer has shown any of the following symptoms:
New or worsening shortness of breath
New or worsening difficulty breathing
Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite
Loss of sense of smell and/or taste
New onset of cough or worsening of chronic cough
Runny nose (not associated with seasonal allergies)
Muscle or joint aches
Feeling Unwell, fatigue or severe exhaustion
Pink Eye (conjunctivitis)
DO NOT ENTER THE STUDIO
if you / your dancer has tested positive for COVID-19
or has had close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19