Complete Health and Safety plan is available at the studio.
All students MUST WEAR MASKS to enter the studio. No visitors. Studio access for registered students only. Please contact us to book a private appointment. All administration, information, registration is handled virtually until further notice.
Updated: May 24, 2021
DO NOT ENTER THE STUDIO
if you / your dancer has tested positive for COVID-19
or has had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
DO NOT ENTER THE STUDIO
if you / your dancer has shown any of the following symptoms:
New or worsening shortness of breath
New or worsening difficulty breathing
Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite
Loss of sense of smell and/or taste
New onset of cough or worsening of chronic cough
Runny nose (not associated with seasonal allergies)
Muscle or joint aches
Feeling Unwell, Fatigue or severe exhaustion
Pink Eye (conjunctivitis)
Maintain Physical Distancing AT ALL TIMES!
The Studio Bathroom is closed for 1 hour and 1.5 hour classes.
1. The studio will be open 10 minutes prior to the start of each class, and be locked 5 minutes into class. Any dancer who is late must text (604-220-9679) to be let inside.
2. Social distancing guidelines are in effect and are clearly marked with green painters tape on the floor (every dancer will have 100 sq ft). Dancers will be asked to follow teachers' instructions and respect the guidelines.
3. Dancers will be required to bring their own, full water bottles, as the water purifying system has been removed from the studio.
4. Dancers must use their own bathroom BEFORE coming to the studio. The studio bathroom is closed to dancers in 1 hour and 1.5 hour classes effectively immediately, and until further notice.
5. Dancers who come to the studio showing symptoms or signs of illness will not be allowed inside and will be asked to leave.
6. If the mats are being used in class, each dancer will be responsible for wiping down their mat. Disinfectant wipes and supplies will be provided.
7. No parents are allowed inside the studio space. Dancers will be let out one at a time for pick-up in our parking lot up to 10 minutes after the class ends. If a parent is going to be late, they must text us for an alternate pickup time, and the student will be asked to sit and wait in a designated area by the front door.
8. Dancers will be required to have their feet covered at all times. Acceptable dance footwear are dance sneakers, thin cotton or Apolla socks, ballet slippers and jazz shoes. No outside footwear will be allowed on the dance floor.
9. 15 minute cleaning/disinfecting periods have been integrated in our 2020/21 Schedule and will remain until further notice.
10. The Marley floor will be cleaned with our bacteria-killing solution each day before classes start.
11. Hand sanitizing solution is available at the teachers’ tech control centre and at the front door. Our dance school will maintain an adequate supply of cleaning and disinfecting products at all times.
12. Physical distancing will be strictly maintained.
13. For any families not comfortable with attending our physical space for dance classes, they will have the option of joining virtually.
14. Anyone who is showing COVID symptoms or not feeling well is not to come to the studio. Teachers have the authority to refuse admittance to their class from any student that shows signs of illness. Any student who has travelled outside BC will not be allowed access to XBa Dance classes for a minimum of 14 days following their return to BC.